The Alliance is a global non-profit organization serving the various communities seeking to establish the Internet Protocol as the network for the connection of Smart Objects by providing coordinated marketing efforts available to the general public. Our purpose is to provide a foundation for industry growth through building stronger relationships, fostering awareness, providing education, promoting the industry, generating research, and creating a better understanding of IP and its role in connecting Smart Objects.
- Promote IP as the premier solution for access and communication for Smart Objects.
- Promote the use of IP in Smart Objects by developing and publishing white papers and case studies and providing updates on standards progress from associations like IETF, among others, and through other supporting marketing activities.
- Understand the industries and markets where Smart Objects can have an effective role in growth when connected using the Internet Protocol.
- Organize interoperability tests that will allow members and interested parties to show that products and services using IP for Smart Objects can work together and meet industry standards for communication.
- Support IETF and other standards development organizations in the development of standards for IP for Smart Objects.
It should be noted that the objective of the Alliance is not to define technologies, but to document the use of IP-based technologies defined at the standard organizations such as IETF with focus on support by the Alliance of various use cases.